- 1.631.683.8172 Phone
- 1145 Walt Whitman Road, Melville, New York 11747-3005 (Get Directions)
- Practice Areas
- Parental Alienation
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Establishment, Modification, and Enforcement of Support Orders
- Contempt Proceedings
- Equitable Estoppel Issues
- Family Law Related Matters
- Juvenile Delinquency Prosecution
- Surrender and Termination of Parental Rights
- Adversarial Matrimonial Actions
Jeffrey D. Herbst, Esq. received his B.A. from SUNY New Paltz, where he majored in Political Science. He earned his juris doctorate from Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center and graduated magna cum laude.
Mr. Herbst previously worked with the Nassau County Office of the County Attorney, the Family Court Bureau, prosecuting all aspects of the following:
- Parental alienation
- Child support
- Spousal support
- Establishment, modification, and enforcement of support orders
- Contempt proceedings
- Equitable estoppel issues
- Family law related matters
- Juvenile delinquency prosecution
- Surrender and termination of parental rights
Mr. Herbst represented the Department of Social Services, interstate agencies, and custodial parents in all 50 states and 12 reciprocal countries pursuant to the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act. He has also been quoted in the local news media and newspapers, including The New York Law Journal, on unique cases on parental alienation and equitable estoppel as it related to an alleged "sperm donor." In addition, Mr. Herbst also represented the Presentment Agency in juvenile delinquency proceedings before Family Court Judges and is well versed in Criminal Procedure Law, Penal Law, and the Family Court Act. Mr. Herbst currently holds membership in numerous professional organizations, including the New York State Bar Association and Nassau and Suffolk County Bar Associations. He is an associate attorney for Bryan L. Salamone & Associates, P.C.
In his role as an associate attorney, Mr. Herbst has aggressively handled all aspects of adversarial matrimonial actions. Additionally, he has prepared and litigated paternity, child support and child matters. Moreover, Mr. Herbst has also handled private adoptions, termination of parental rights proceedings and family offense issues in the Family and Supreme Courts.
Mr. Herbst is a seasoned Associate of Bryan L. Salamone & Associates, P.C. for almost a decade. He aggressively handles all aspects of high-conflict matrimonial actions. However, he has more experience concerning child support than almost any litigator. His successful appeals have been before the Second Department and Administrative Law Judges in Suffolk and Nassau on unique areas of the law that have become standard as a result of his winning arguments. He has handled private adoptions, termination of parental rights proceedings, and family offenses. Mr. Herbst is detailed and experienced in all areas of finance, and he excels in high-asset, high-value cases. As a father of twins, he has a passion for custody and parental rights.
- SUNY New Paltz, B.A. in Political Science
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, J.D., magna cum laude
- Associations & Memberships