Advantages of Mediation in Nassau and Suffolk Counties
Our skilled, experienced mediators save you time, money and frustration
Divorce mediation is a process by which you and your spouse, with the advice and input of a neutral third party, discuss the range of issues confronting you and work towards a uniquely personal and advantageous resolution. In mediation, each party tells their story and each party listens. You air your concerns and then shape your agreement to meet your personal goals for life after divorce. The result is a marital settlement agreement that both spouses are invested in, that is manageable for your lifestyle and promotes the best interests of your children. Anyone who is involved in a divorce should consider mediation as an option. Mediation can work for almost all couples and has a long list of benefits.
What are the benefits of divorce litigation alternatives?
If you and your spouse are divorcing, you should consider alternatives to traditional representation by divorce attorneys. To save money, time and emotional strain, many spouses are ending their marriages using alternatives to divorce litigation. Mediation is one such alternative.
In divorce mediation, a couple works with a neutral mediator who helps parties come to an agreement on all aspects of their divorce. The benefits of divorce mediation include:
- Expedited results — Mediation frees you from the court calendar. A mediation can take as few as three visits, after which a mutually acceptable agreement forms the basis for a swift uncontested divorce.
- Reduced expenses — A divorce mediation uses only one professional, rather than two attorneys. A mediator’s hourly rate is typically much less than that of an attorney, and you’re splitting that cost between you!
- Control — In mediation, you and your spouse, not lawyers and judges, control the process. You control how long the process takes and how issues get addressed. With the knowledge and assistance of our skilled mediators, you can reach an agreement without the interference of a judge or an arbitrary ruling.
- Personally tailored — Mediation allows you to arrive at a resolution based on your own ideas of what is fair in your situation, rather than having a solution imposed upon you by a judge. Your agreement will be specifically designed to take care of your needs and the needs of your children. No one knows you or your children as well as you do, so why shouldn’t you make the decisions?
- Privacy — Meetings are held in the privacy of a mediator’s office, rather than a public courtroom. Mediation is confidential, with no public record of what goes on in your sessions.
- Builds a foundation for future cooperation — Mediation can improve communication between you and your spouse, rebuild trust and help you avoid future conflicts, especially over parenting.
Judges are not in a position to know what’s best for you. Do not give anyone else that power. Keep control over your own life and work together with your spouse towards a divorce agreement that reflects who you are as an individual and a parent.
Contact a Long Island divorce mediation service that puts you in charge!
Take a positive step towards resolving your divorce amicably with a consultation. Call Solutions Divorce Mediation, Inc. at 1.631.683.8172 or contact us online to discuss the benefits of divorce mediation for you. Evening and weekend appointments are available, 7 days/week.